Wednesday, November 14, 2012

First patchwork quilt


I'm contemplating making a quilt for my daughter. Another keepsake other than the crochet granny square blanket currently under construction (I'm halfway making all the squares!!).
So this was my first attempt, self taught. Am thinking of doing a class next year though. Always better when someone can show you tips and tricks.
I just used YouTube and I bought a book. My Mum was great at sewing and quilting, but she's not here on this earth to help me, or to make one for her grandaughter, so I guess it's up to me! I used her old stash of fabrics so there's a little of her in this :)
Its pretty scrappy and the lines aren't straight, and the squares aren't 'square'! And the binding is just dodgy, but now I've got the principles at least! Now to work on the technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment